Thursday, July 01, 2010

I am not Michael Juliano:

I have been contacted several times by people from model mayhem claiming they were contacted by "Michael Juliano" involving transfer of funds or something. Some people even fell for it. This is not me. I don't spell my name that way and do not own a hotmail account. I've ignored several of these prior but here is the last email I received from someone supposedly involved in a scam:

"Hello Michael.

I’m writing to ask You whether You have been in touch with a XXXXXXXXX in Norway to ask her to be photographed.
She is a good friend of me, and she has been contacted by someone using Your name and has been in that contest been reported for fraud by a German bank.

Basicaly this happened:
She was contacted and told that she was wanted for a photoshoot, by Michael Juliano.
This Michael Juliano send her a check of 3000€ and told to check it in and send over some of it to another account.

She did all of this, then after a while she was contacted by the bank and told that the check was fauny.

The sender “Michael Juliano” used a hotmail account, so I would like to know whether you have a hotmail account?

If this is a scam that has nothing to do with you, I would recommend You to put up a “Scam Warning” on you website.

Hope to hear from You soon.


Best regards
 XXXXXXXXXXXXX


Here is one of the scam emails from "Michael Juliano"


Hello,

Glad to read back from you here you will find all details for the job...

Job Location
The shooting will hold at a rented photographers studio in your location,so you don't have to worry about

traveling,the name and address of the studio will be forwarded to you before the date of the shooting,all make

up will be taken care of in the studio.You can come along with any body of your choice on the day of the

shooting,your mum,dad,friend,body-guard anybody you wish to come with just for you to feel more

comfortable.

Job details
You have 12 different Fashion outfits to cover,which would be provided by our client on the day of the

shooting.

Types of cloths
Jeans and Jackets

Name of client
Rosal Karen

Company Name
Beth Designer

Job percentage
The total pay for the job is $1,800 and you get $350 as your part payment.

Shooting Date
the date for the shooting is not fix,I will have to make arrangement for that ahead from now,I will email you

the exact date for the shooting a week before as soon as the arrangement is completed with our client.

Requirements
Very Attractive,Classy,In Great Shape,Extremely Outgoing & Personable,outspoken,Must be Reliable.

Payment Policy
As part of my working policy and ethics,I receive part payment from any client before I proceed with any job

and balance immediately after the shooting,this is to identify a serious client and ascertain the job,I hope you

comprehend this fact.I will keep you updated as to when our client wants to make upfront payments

Expectation..
   you need to have good and attractive poses .(start practicing) Basically this is all required of you,for your

makeup, my client will be taken care of it,you don't have to be bother for any make up,please get in touch

with me if you will take the job and we can go from there,just let me know if you will take the job to

commence with next arrangement..

Please I'd like you to check your email on a regular bases, I might have updates for you.

Michael.



I am an established business in the USA and would not be involved in a scam in the USA, Europe or anywhere else. I spell my name "Juiliano". I often play with the rules of english grammar but I'd like to think my wording makes more sense than this. If you receive contact I recommend you be skeptical. Think twice before you take part in someone wanting you to transfer funds for or to them that you don't know. (duh) These scams have been going on forever in many shapes and forms. Be aware of the many scams out there. Talk to other people that have been fooled. Don't be that desperate and fall for one of these scams. Contact the website and report what you received. I was able to find several examples of this scam just doing a simple google search.

I'm sorry this happened to you but I am not the culprit.

Michael JUILIANO

Fellow photographer Marc Damon speaks well on this here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

warning.

Another 2 norwegian models have been tried "recruited" for the same type of jobs, but after reading this they found out it was a scam. The "photographers" profile have now been deleted from modelmayhem, but be aware.

Regards

selinfrost said...

Holly cow! i im one of those girls, im so glad you posing this on youre blog. Thank you so much for warning.
best regards Selinfrost

Anna Mroz said...

I've got exactly the same mail!! Glad I read this...